We at the Norman Williams Public Library are happy that you have chosen to come to the library to work, do research, and read for pleasure. Please do not hesitate to come to us if you need help finding information or a book to enjoy.
There are certain behaviors that are not only discouraged by the library, but are not permitted, because they disrupt the smooth functioning of the library. In order to avoid misunderstanding this is a summary of our expectations of you while using the library. We do not restrict this policy based on age.
- Please use the library as a resource for study, recreational reading, and research.
- Please keep voices and noise level low in order not to disturb patrons or library staff.
- Disrespectful and rude behavior towards the staff or other patrons will not be tolerated.
- Personal belongings must be kept with you. The library is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Please do not block the entryways or stairs.
- No cell phone use in the building. They may be used in the foyer or rear stair tower.
- No smoking on library property. (This includes outside.)
- No food or drink near library computer equipment. (This includes toddler snacks.)
- Please throw all trash in trash receptacles.
- Please use designated areas in the community for a recreation field, the library building and lawn should not be used as such.
Disregard of any of the above guidelines will result in the following consequences:
- You will receive a warning and may be asked to leave the library for the rest of the day.
- If warned additional times you will be told to leave the library for a minimum of two weeks.
- If further warning is required, you will be told to leave the library for a minimum of one year.
- If young children are asked to leave during evening hours, they should attempt to call a parent/guardian, or a member of the staff will call for them, so that the parent/guardian knows they are on their way home.
*Please note: Being asked to leave the library includes the outside steps and property. If at any point the staff feels endangered by patron behavior we reserve the right to contact the Woodstock Village Police for intervention. Additional consequences may result by this action.